Short Bio: Born in Stamford Conn. on November 10, 1962 have lived in Charlotte, NC since 1973 . I work at UBS Financial Services and September 21st will be seven years. I have a 10 year old son named Dexter L. Berry Jr. aka DJ who will be attending Winding Springs Elementary going to the 5th grade. I have been dating Charles R. Burris Jr. now for 4 years and he is very proud and supportive of me and my running. I attend Friendship Missionary Baptist Church and work as a Jr. Worship Teacher for the grades 3rd thru 5th and I am very active in VBS and I am a Greeter on 2nd Sunday.
How did you find out about PBRC? Through Geri Jackson who has STALKED me since March 2012 to join the PBRC. I was told to attend the orientation in January 2013 to check out the PB’s, and the rest is history.
Why did you start running? Besides from being STALKED I realized it was a life changing experience for me.
How has running changed your life? Besides being with a fantastic group of Women and getting the support it makes me feel like I have really accomplished something that I thought I could not do.
What would you say to anyone who may think they cannot run or are nervous about joining Purple Butterflies? Well I would tell the about the awesome Fellowship that you receive by being in this group, and after about that first month or two claim your RUNNER status.
RANDOM FACTS About ROZ!
- What is your favorite food? Baby Back Ribs
- What is your favorite book/magazine? To many to name
- I feel relaxed when? Walking or reading
- I run because? I am a RUNNER
- Now that I run I feel? PROUD
- My favorite Quote is ? Make It Happen (this is from an old administrative manger of mine).
- Any other Random fact you would like to share is, I am proud to be a Purple Butterfly.